Thursday, August 19, 2010

In Guinea there is a large bird called "Dibon". Does anybody know what this is? I mean English or Latin name?

I would guess it is a Barbary Shrike or Boubou, because there is a Malinke song based on these birds. The male and female call back and forth to each other - you think it is one bird, but it is actually the two responding back and forth.

In Guinea there is a large bird called "Dibon". Does anybody know what this is? I mean English or Latin name?
Wow this was very difficult. There isn't much reference to the Dibon bird but much reference in the bible and religious material. I can't be for certain but I am leaning towards the Latin origin due to the significance of it religiously and the time period from which I have seen it used. Sorry I can' t be of more help this is all i could find.
Reply:Be aware when answering this one: we are not talking about the biblical Dibon. We are talking about a large bird in Guinea Africa.


No comments:

Post a Comment